Corporate Social Responsibility
The port believes in balanced and sustainable development in harmony with the surrounding environment. The CVR Foundation, as part of its commitment to the community, has taken up several socio-economic growth initiatives besides other clean and green measures.
CVR Foundation Initiatives
- Rehabilitation & Resettlement programs implemented by building 500 houses
- 27 schools are run in 4 mandals
- Providing hostel facilities at Nellore for college students
- Old age home constructed
- Mobile Medical Eye camps on weekly basis
- Jobs Direct – 550 & Indirect – 5000 (current position). Post the completion of all the phases, the port will have an employee strength of 3,000 people
- Job opportunities at the port for locals thereby making their communities a better place to live and prosper
- Residential Complex coming up for Employees with all required facilities like school, recreational facilities, etc.
- Sports activities are undertaken for employees
- Planted saplings in 2009-2010 = 30,000 nos. & target in the future; Phase I 60 acres - 9,780 nos. & phase II 401.25 acres - 66,800 nos
- In 2011 – 12, nurseries and mangroves will be developed in the port premises
- Green belt zones are created at the resettlement areas
- ‘Go Green’ initiatives are undertaken at the port